What is PollUnit?
PollUnit creates tools that facilitate collaboration, prioritization and collection of ideas and feedback, evaluation of graphics and photos, as well as surveys and collaborative arrangements within teams or with large crowds.
PollUnit is self-financed and independent. We are only committed to our users. Data protection is a must for us. We offer our tools Freemium - that means a limited version is free of charge.
The history of PollUnit
The two friends Philipp Großelfinger and Markus Huber had the idea for PollUnit in 2016. Philipp organized his wedding and Markus had to prioritize different product designs. Due to the so different requirements a concept for flexible coordination and distribution of tasks was created.
About half a year later the first version of PollUnit is ready for the public. On 10 March 2017, the two Munich-based went live with PollUnit.
PollUnit has a healthy and stable growth and is in continuously development.
We spend approximately 8% of our gross sales on planting trees with plant-for-the-planet.org.
In continuous development
- 2023 October Establishing Relative Rankings: Pairwise Comparison
- 2023 June Photo contests: Submit photos as a image series
- 2023 March Introducing language analysis model for better evaluation of long free text in surveys
- 2023 February Wallets: Receive fees and donations
- 2022 December Question branching: customize surveys for respondends based on their answers to previous questions
- 2022 August We donate from now on 8% of our gross sales for planting trees
- 2022 April Voting table refactoring: performance and UX improvements
- 2022 March Matrix questions and Likert scale for surveys
- 2022 January Fraud Bot: AI to detect fraudulent votes
- 2021 October Free choice of colors in themes
- 2021 September Voting categories in photo contests
- 2021 May Rate texts, files and images in surveys
- 2021 April PollUnit and the entire team is transferred to a separate company
- 2021 February New PollUnit type for surveys and questionnaires
- 2020 November User authentication via Single-Sign-On (SSO)
- 2020 September Vote on and play YouTube and Vimeo videos
- 2020 June Vote on and play audio and music files
- 2020 May Automatic scaling at high load using Kubernetes
- 2020 January Introducing Submission approval dashboard
- 2019 October New PollUnit type for online photo competitions
- 2019 July Release of Feedback and Brainstorming Collections
- 2019 June ICS calendar integration
- 2019 April Introduction of organizations to share accounts within companies
- 2019 February Slack integration
- 2019 January New PollUnit type for online lists and free tables
- 2018 November Improvement of the performance to meet the ever-increasing number of users
- 2018 October Maximize data protection with peer-2-peer encryption
- 2018 May Redesign and improvements in admin views
- 2018 January Find consensus with dissenting votes
- 2017 May Dot Voting Feature released
- 2017 March Release of PollUnit
- 2016 June The Idea to PollUnit was born and we started development.
Stay informed...PollUnit Blog
We are constantly working on new functions and improvements. These updates are deployed many times a week. Several times a year we have a »Major Release«. Up to now these have been completely new functions as well as major architectural changes.
Many of our functions were only created because users told us their wishes. Functions that help all PollUnit users are usually implemented. This doesn't cost more than an email or a post in our support forum.