What is PollUnit?
We create tools that facilitate collaboration, prioritization and collection of ideas and feedback, evaluation of graphics and photos, as well as surveys and collaborative arrangements within teams or with large crowds.
PollUnit is self-financed and independent. We are only committed to our users. Data protection is a must for us. We offer our tools Freemium - that means a limited version is free of charge.
The history of PollUnit
The two friends Philipp Großelfinger and Markus Huber had the idea for PollUnit in 2016. Philipp organized his wedding and Markus had to prioritize different product designs. Due to the so different requirements a concept for flexible coordination and distribution of tasks was created.
About half a year later the first version of PollUnit is ready for the public. On 10 March 2017, the two Munich-based went live with PollUnit.
PollUnit has a healthy and stable growth and is in continuously development.
In continuous development
- 2016JuneThe Idea to PollUnit was born and we started development.
- 2017MarchRelease of PollUnit
- 2017MayDot Voting Feature released
- 2018JanuaryFind consensus with dissenting votes
- 2018MayRedesign and improvements in admin views
- 2018OctoberMaximize data protection with peer-2-peer encryption
- 2018NovemberImprovement of the performance to meet the ever-increasing number of users
- 2019JanuaryNew PollUnit type for online lists and free tables
- 2019FebruarySlack integration
- 2019AprilIntroduction of organizations to share accounts within companies
- 2019JuneICS calendar integration
- 2019JulyRelease of Feedback and Brainstorming Collections
- 2019OctoberNew PollUnit type for online photo competitions
- 2020JanuaryIntroducing Submission approval dashboard
- 2020MayAutomatic scaling at high load using Kubernetes
- 2020JuneVote on and play audio and music files
- 2020SeptemberVote on and play YouTube and Vimeo videos
- 2020NovemberUser authentication via Single-Sign-On (SSO)
- 2021FebruaryNew PollUnit type for surveys and questionnaires
- 2021AprilPollUnit and the entire team is transferred to a separate company
- 2021MayRate texts, files and images in surveys
- 2021SeptemberVoting categories in photo contests
- 2021OctoberFree choice of colors in themes
- 2022JanuaryFraud Bot: AI to detect fraudulent votes
Stay informed...PollUnit Blog
We are constantly working on new functions and improvements. These updates are deployed many times a week. Several times a year we have a »Major Release«. Up to now these have been completely new functions as well as major architectural changes.
Many of our functions were only created because users told us their wishes. Functions that help all PollUnit users are usually implemented. This doesn't cost more than an email or a post in our support forum.